Language and Literacy Education MA
Designed to extend knowledge in the field of language and literacy development when teaching linguistically and culturally diverse groups, either in elementary, secondary or adult education.
This program is housed in the Department of Elementary Education. The combination of course requirements and electives allows students to develop an area of expertise that is relevant to their own professional interests and goals. The coursework options allow students to specialize at the elementary, secondary or adult education levels. This is a 33-unit program.
- Coursework closely aligned with the Reading and Literacy Leadership Specialist Credential Program
- Coursework closely aligned with Reading and Literacy Add Authorization Program
- Possession of an elementary or secondary education teaching credential or 24 units of professional coursework directly relevant to education.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 minimum GPA for the last 60 units.