Welcome to the Graduate College of Education Credential and Graduate Services Center at San Francisco State University.
We are here to assist you from start to finish. Our staff is committed to guiding you through the process of gaining admission into our programs as well as applying for your credential or certificate upon completion of any one of our many programs. This website was created as a resource for you, or you can call or visit our office to learn more about the programs we offer and many services we provide.
San Francisco State University is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). We offer all three major credentials: Teaching, Education Specialist, and a variety of service credentials.
Assist in the preparation of future teachers, administrators, counselors and other educational professionals with a grounding in equity and social justice to teach; be reflective practitioners; and leaders in a community of culturally and linguistically diverse schools.
One central office with exceptional staff who are dedicated to providing up-to-date, complete, and accurate information as well as advising on requirements for obtaining California Credentials and Certificates for teaching and service in California schools.
- Provide information sessions for prospective students for the following programs: Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Education Specialist, and Speech Language Pathology
- Provide pre-admission advisement and information for the following programs: Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Education Specialist, and Speech Language Pathology
- Process credential program admission applications
- Liaison between credential applicant and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- Evaluate, verify and make recommendations for teaching and service credentials
- University resource for credential requirements and licensing regulations
- Program advisement, approval, and recommendation of second teaching credentials, added authorizations, subject matter authorizations, and supplementary authorizations
- Advisement and licensing support for university interns, out-of-state and out-of-county trained applicants
- Emergency Permit verification and processing
- Filing of state licensing appeals
- Provide assistance for credential holders seeking renewal information
SPECIAL NOTE: SERVICES DURING COVID-19 PERIOD
Due to the COVID-19 situation, face-to-face services are currently suspended. However, we are still providing service through other means. Please see instructions below…
If you have general credentialing questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have specific credential admissions related questions, please email email@example.com.
If you have credential admissions related documents to submit, please send them via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please scan and send as a PDF document.
If you have credential exiting / credential processing related questions and your last name begins with A-K, please email email@example.com.
If you have credential exiting / credential processing related questions and your last name begins with L-Z, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on your needs/questions, we can set-up a phone appointment if necessary.
Staff will be responding to email messages Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Be safe, stay healthy, and remember to practice good hygiene.