The Graduate College of Education will develop and maintain rigorous professional preparation in the pedagogical and clinical skills that our professionals are required to use in providing effective services to individuals and their families, especially for those residing in ethnically and racially diverse communities. All programs are based on excellence in teaching and clinical services, with a commitment to research and scholarship, focusing on the integration of services to schools and community agencies.
Do you want to:
- Enroll in:
- Expand your education by getting a specialist credential?
- Learn to apply information technology to learning?
- Become a university professor, researcher, or administrator in Special Education?
- Be a leader in education by obtaining an Ed.D. In Educational Leadership?
- (5/13/15) - Yue-Ting Siu, Improving Outcomes Through Communities Of Practice (PDF)
- (5/12/15) - Dr. Pam Hunt, Professor in the Department of Special Education, has been awarded a $2.75 million grant
- (9/10/14) - SF State awarded $1 million to prepare teachers for students who are deaf-blind
- (4/11/14) - SF State appoints Judith Munter as dean of the Graduate College of Education
- (4/10/14) - University joins effort to improve special education
- Application Information Sessions
- Career Opportunities
- Credential Forms
- Student Handbooks
- Departmental Advisors
- Department of Ed.D. Educational Leadership
- Department of Elementary Education
- Department of Equity, Leadership Studies, and Instructional Technologies
- Department of Secondary Education
- Department of Special Education & Communicative Disorders
- Upcoming Events