Gilda Bloom( She/Her/Hers )
- Ph.D. Stanford University
- A.M. Stanford University
- M.A. San Jose State University
- B.S. Bowling Green State University
California Bilingual Cross-Cultural Life Specialist Credential
California Community College Life Credential in Ethnic Studies, Professional Education and Spanish
California Single Subject Life Teaching Credential in Spanish and Speech
New York Permanent Teaching Certificate with Specializations in Spanish and Speech for Grades 7 through 12
Ohio Permanent Single Subject Teaching Credential in Spanish and Speech
Certification / Certificates
Cultural Diversity in Clinical Research, Certificate Awarded by University of South Florida,
College of Nursing, Orlando, Florida, May 2000
Advanced Certificate in GESA (Gender/ Ethnic Expectations and Student Achievement)
Awarded by Graymill, June 1991
Certified by the Los Angeles County Office of Education as a GESA (Gender/ Ethnic Expectations and Student Achievement) Facilitator, December 1987
Gilda M. Bloom, Ph.D. was trained as a Sociolinguist and a Cultural Anthropologist at Stanford University. She served on the National Education Association (NEA) Board of Directors for seven years. During her time at NEA, she was a Congressional Federal lobbyist on behalf of public education. Currently, she is an elected delegate to the California Teachers Association State Council, CTA’s highest governing body. During Barack Obama’s presidency, Dr. Bloom was recognized as a National Hispanic Leader and she was invited to attend and participate in the White House Hispanic Community Action Summit.
Awards and Fellowships
- National Education Association Award for Advancing the Cause of Public Education, 2015
- California Community College Association Recognition Award for Advancing Social Justice in Public Schools, 2015
- California Teachers Association Award for representing CTA on the National Education Association Board of Directors, 2015
- California Teachers Association (CTA) Recognition of Outstanding Service Award to the CTA State Council (the governing body of CTA) by Gilda Bloom, June 2010.
- AERA, Hispanic Research Interest Group Recognition Award for Service to the Hispanic SIG, April 2009.
- Commendation from the San Francisco State University Academic Senate for my work as Chair of the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects, 2001.
- PSSIs Awarded to Dr. Bloom by SFSU President Corrigan, 1999 and 2000.
- Teaching For A Change Fellow, 1997
- Cesar Chavez Research Award, 1995
- Center for Enhancement of Teaching Recognition of Teaching Certificate, San Francisco State University, 1993
- Rockefeller Foundation Award, 1985
- Proctor and Gamble Gift Fund Award, 1983
- Bilingual Education Teacher Training Fellow for 5 years, Title VII, Stanford University
- Phi Delta Kappa Induction, Stanford University